We are an outreach program that connects with our stakeholders through applied research and food safety education. Much of our applied research involves issues that arise every day in the food industry, while our food safety educational programs focus on new risks emerging and helping to break down the complex regulatory world in the food industry. We provide support to our local federal and state agencies, food entrepreneurs, farmers, and industry partners.
|Preventive Controls Workshop||September 1-3, 2020||Live Course that will be held online Virtually with instructor interactions|
*Audio/microphone and video capabilities will be needed for the course
Better Process Control School
FSMA–Preventive Controls For Human Foods
HACCP–Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
Domestic Kitchen Training
EHEDG–European Hygienic Engineering & Design
Principles of Sanitation for Food Manufacturers
Getting Started in Food Manufacturing
Manufacturing Acidified Foods in Tennessee
Manufacturing Formulated Acid Foods in Tennessee
Domestic Kitchen Laws and Regulations
Regulatory Considerations for Meat
Meat Product Labeling
Retail Meat Sales
Egg Sales in Tennessee
Adding Value to Tennessee Agriculture
Cider Sales in Tennessee
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Thermally Processed Low-acid Foods Packaged in Hermetically Sealed Containers
- Acidified Foods
- Shell Eggs
- HACCP–Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
Guidance Documents to Aid the Food Manufacturing Process
Sample Submission Process
We’re happy to help you analyze your new food product. Please contact us at email@example.com so we know to expect your sample and to verify what type of analysis you will need. Please follow the following steps:
- Complete the Sample Submission Form:
- Save PDF to your computer.
- Fill out the form.
- Save and print or email.
- Complete the Product Formulation-Percentage by Weight Form:
- When completing this form, please make sure to use the same units of measurement for weighing each ingredient (i.e., grams, ounces, pounds, etc.).
- Send 4 ounces of each sample, payment, sample submission form, and formula spreadsheet to:
University of Tennessee
c/o Nathan Miller
2510 River Dr.
Food Science Building
Knoxville, TN 37996