Food Science Club
Get to know your peers, learn more about the opportunities available on and off campus, and experience food science! The club is open to all concentrations and you can join at any time.
Our department has two teams that compete in competitions each spring: IFTSA College Bowl Team and Dairy Products Evalution Team. Each team provides those involved with ways to learn more about food science and the opportunity to travel!
Most of our faculty have opportunities for undergraduates to work in their labs throughout the year–just ask them! Check with your advisor to determine whether the work in the lab can be used to fulfill the required course FDSC 493.
It is strongly recommended that students participate in internships to learn about what they may like or dislike in the food science work environment. Utilizing these experiences gives the student an opportunity to learn soft skills and be more prepared for the workplace or graduate school. Students will be notified through the College and the department of internships that become available throughout the year.
- bioMerieux Internship
- Tyson Nutrition Intern (Springdale, Arkansas)
- Tyson Case-Ready Intern (Goodlettsville, Tennessee)
- Tyson Corporate Intern (Springdale, Arkansas)
- Blommer Chocolate Company R&D Internship (East Greenville, Pennsylvania)
- Perrigo Co. R&D Associate Scientist Intern (Georgia, Vermont)
- Lake Country Dairy, Dairy and Food Science Summer Intern (Turtle Lake, Wisconsin)
- Sunsweet Growers Inc. Quality Assurance Summer Internship (Yuba City, California)
- King’s Hawaiian Bakery Manufacturing Production Intern (Flowery Branch, Georgia)
- McKee Foods Food Microbiology Intern (Collegedale, Tennessee)