Joshua Brantley’s IPPE Conference Experience

The International Production & Processing Expo brings thousands of people to Atlanta, Georgia each year. Participants include hundreds of companies that are there to showcase their company, meet with students, or participate in the 200+ hours of educational sessions offered.

“This past year I had the pleasure of attending the annual IPPE expo. This production expo was a great way for me to introduce myself to the poultry production community. This being my second year attending I was excited to reconnect with some of the employers I made connections with and build bonds with some new ones as well. The year prior I accepted one of the internships available with Wayne Farms to obtain a better knowledge of how the poultry industry works and the job opportunities available to new graduates. This Expo exposed me to many companies like Wayne Farms and gave me insight into the poultry production field. Likewise, I learned that there is a huge demand for interns throughout the industry ranging from live-animal production to fully-processed production. With this demand comes LOTS of opportunities. Companies are clamoring for budding talent and this is a great place to find your first internship and/or a job straight out of college. With that being said, the poultry industry is the most consumed meat in the world so finding a QA role or R&D role at one of the many companies at the expo will give you access to one of the biggest support networks in the world.”

– Joshua Brantley, Food Science Major

Check out the 2019 IPPE Wrap Up Report for more details about the expo.